Trusted Platform Module
Complete Security for PCs and Embedded Systems
The Microchip FIPS 140-2 Certified Trusted Platform Module (TPM) provides strong hardware-based public key (RSA) security for both personal computers and embedded processors on a single chip. It is a complete turnkey system that integrates industry-leading Microchip AVR® microcontroller architecture, Microchip EEPROM technology, and Microchip security technology. Implementing version 1.2 of the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) specification for TPMs, the chip supports secure boot via platform integrity measurements, intellectual property protection, authentication, and secure communications. The AT97SC* series is offered in three different interfaces: SPI, LPC, and I2C. All revisions are supported in both Commercial and Industrial Grades. The Trusted Platform Module Embedded Development Kit received a 2008 Readers Tech Choice Award from eg3, an independent news source devoted to electronic design.
- Turnkey solution — The TPM includes integrated, protected nonvolatile storage for cryptographic keys, secrets, and authorization information.
- Full TCG compliance — According to TCG, applications based on the trusted computing infrastructure exhibit superior security governance and risk management.
- Hardware security — The TPM includes a high-quality hardware random number generator, active shielding, and a variety of tamper-detection and response circuits.
- High performance — The TPM’s cryptographic accelerator can compute a 2048-bit RSA signature in 200ms.
- Energy savings — The TPM supports SIRQ for interrupts and CLKRUN to permit clock stopping for power savings in mobile computers.
- Software support — BIOS and hardware drivers are available for both Windows and Linux; third-party system and application software is also available.
- Two interfaces — There is a 33 MHz LPC interface for PC integration and a 2-wire interface for non-PC and embedded computing systems.