FusionHD provides a range of innovative features specifically designed for power-conscious IoT edge devices:
- Flexible Memory Architecture
– A flexible new Read/Write SRAM buffer reduces the number of times needed to write to the flash array, dramatically improving endurance while also decreasing CPU clock cycles and reducing power consumption.
– The Small Page Erase and Write Architecture is ideal for writing small amounts of data without having to reprogram an entire page, thereby lending speed, power and endurance to the device.
- Intelligent host interface features that elevate the memory device into the ‘smart peripheral’ domain
– The unique Active IRQ feature enables the device to issue an interrupt to the MCU after completing an internal program or erase operation, optimizing overall power use and reducing CPU overhead.
– Read/Modify/Write operation enables easier software driver development and allows the CPU to focus on other tasks.
- Security features include unique device identification and a User One-Time Programmable (OTP) security register that is usable for system-level key storage.