Microchip’s motor control family additions include:
- dsPIC® DSCs: The cost-optimized, functional safety-ready dsPIC33CK64MC10x DSCs for Field Oriented Control (FOC) are supported by motor control Plug-in Modules (PIMs) for existing motor control development boards and also with a new cost-effective low-voltage motor control development board. MPLAB® X Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and MPLAB Code Configurator (MCC) support rapid code development while motorBench® Development Suite provides FOC motor control optimized code generation.
- PIC32MK MCJ and MCM MCUs for FOC: The second-generation 32-bit MCU devices offer 32-bit floating point and DSP performance with flexible communications options. By sharing analog features with the dsPIC33CK, they support seamless migration across device classes. These devices also feature multiple CAN-FD and USB ports. The MCUs are supported in the MPLAB X IDE with three development hardware options. Software support for the PIC32MK includes a suite of motor control software for sensored and sensorless applications via the MPLAB Harmony v3 Software Framework.
- motorBench development suite: Version 2.35 of Microchip’s GUI-based software development tool shortens the time required to spin a motor using FOC and generates optimized source code customized for a given motor. This release expands dsPIC33CK family support, adds a new Angle Track-Phase Locked Loop (AT-PLL) estimator, Field Weakening (FW), Maximum Torque Per Amp (MTPA), Dead-Time Compensation (DTC) and many other new features.
- Zero Speed/Maximum Torque (ZS/MT) algorithm: Eliminates hall sensors in applications demanding high torque at standstill or low speeds for low-inductance motors. Support is provided for the dsPIC33 DSCs, SAM and PIC32MK motor control MCUs.
- dsPIC33CK Low-voltage motor control development board: Provides a platform for application development and a reference for customer board design for the dsPIC33CK family.
Low-cost, high-efficiency refrigerator compressor reference design: Joins a growing family of turnkey designs that showcase best practices for application-specific motor control designs that shorten the time to market.