Key product features
1. Built-in circuits that will reduce the number of components in customers’ products, save board space, and shrink software development times
- The built-in oscillator circuit is user selectable. In addition to 12 MHz and 16 MHz, customers can choose a 20 MHz circuit, the fastest in the S1C17 family.
- 16 kB of self-programmable Flash memory and 2 kB of RAM
- A universal port multiplexer (UPMUX) enables I/O pin assignments to be changed with software.
- Fault tolerant/failsafe I/Os* prevent circuit failures and increases in current consumption from occurring when unnecessary current is flowing from another
connected device with a higher supply voltage.
- Analog-digital converter
- Three types of serial interface
- Infrared remote control output signal generator
2. Low-voltage and low-current consumption that extend battery life.
The S1C17M20 consumes a mere 0.5 μA of current in Sleep mode and supports supply voltages from 1.8 V to 5.5 V. It can be used for a wide range of applications in industrial products as well as in battery-operated consumer electronics and IoT devices.