The Largest Selection of Memory Solutions for RFID
Microchip CryptoRF® is a 13.56MHz RFID (radio-frequency identification) device family equipped with a 64-bit embedded hardware encryption engine, mutual authentication capability, and up to 64Kbits of user memory. These low-cost chips are virtually impossible to copy and offer hardware security that is superior to software security solutions. CryptoRF ICs are ideal for applications that are prone to counterfeiting, require a permanent chain of ownership, or use contactless smart cards for cash transactions. They are also suitable for use in adverse environmental conditions where dust, dampness, or temperature extremes can cause problems for digital devices.
- Safer than passwords — Mutual authentication between host and client is accomplished with a unique cryptogram that is randomly generated for each transaction.
- Attack isolation — The key diversification scheme limits any attack to only one unit.
- Multiple access levels — User memory can be divided into as many as 16 separate sections, allowing several different levels of read and write access.
- Diverse packages — The chips are available in many different shapes and sizes; tags in a variety of shapes can be developed for high-volume applications
- Host-side simplicity — The Microchip CryptoCompanion™ chip provides simple, plug-and-play authentication on a host (interrogator) device.
- Development tools — Comprehensive reference designs, demonstration kits, and application software facilitate implementation into existing products.